As of Monday, November 16, all bank lobbies are closed due to COVID-19 concerns. While our lobbies are closed, you will still be able to use drive-up services or call your local banking center to make an appointment to meet with a banking professional. For more details, see BANKING OPTIONS below.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS FOR BUSINESSES
The deadline to apply for a PPP loan has been extended to August 8th.
- JULY 13, 2020: We are now ready to begin accepting PPP Loan Forgiveness applications. All borrowers who secured a PPP Loan through First Mid will receive an email with a link to access an Online Forgiveness application. The link within that email will be unique to the borrower and will help streamline the forgiveness process. We have also developed a PPP Loan Forgiveness Borrower Checklist which outlines the steps of the application process. With a large number of Forgiveness applications to process, emails to our borrowers will be sent out in stages based on the date the PPP loan was funded (the date the funds were available in the borrower’s account).
- Loans that funded prior to April 17th will receive their email on Wednesday July 15th
- Loans that funded between April 20th and May 8th will receive their email on Monday July 27th
- Loans that funded between May 11th and June 5th will receive their email on Monday August 3rd
- Loans that funded after June 5th will receive their email from their lender after August 10th
- JULY 6, 2020: The deadline to apply for a PPP Loan has been extended to August 8, 2020. We will continue to accept new applications until August 4th, to allow time for processing prior to the new deadline. Please keep in mind, borrowers are still limited to only one PPP loan.
- MAY 17, 2020: On Friday evening, the SBA released the application for PPP Loan Forgiveness with some initial guidance; however, we anticipate further clarification on several items included in the document. The application can be downloaded from the SBA website, and on page 10 you can find a list of the required documentation needed to apply for forgiveness. We will continue to post the latest developments as they occur, and will provide informational webinars as appropriate. In the meantime, if you have concerns with any aspects of your loan or the forgiveness, please contact a First Mid Commercial Lender.
- APRIL 30, 2020: We anticipate receiving additional guidelines regarding the mechanics on forgiveness of PPP loans. In the meantime, please be aware that Treasury Secretary Mnuchin recently provided some guidance on loan forgiveness and has emphasized that borrowers are responsible for meeting the required certifications for PPP funds. You can find the latest guidance related to the Paycheck Protection Program on the SBA and US Treasury websites and in the US Treasury PPP Frequently Asked Questions document. If you have questions, please contact a First Mid Commercial Lender. You may also refer to our Borrower Checklist and FAQ for additional information.
- APRIL 29, 2020 – 8:40 am: While the SBA system continues to experience performance issues, the First Mid team has worked around the clock to ensure all completed applications have been submitted to the SBA for approval. We will continue to work diligently on behalf of local businesses to submit as many new applications as possible while the funding lasts.
- APRIL 27, 2020 – 4:30 pm: The First Mid lending team is in contact with SBA representatives and will remain steadfast in submitting these applications on behalf of our customers. However, the speed with which we can submit applications to the SBA is greatly affected by their system performance and availability. While bound by these limitations, we will work diligently to serve as many small businesses as possible.
- APRIL 27, 2020 – 9:30 am: Beginning today, the SBA is accepting new applications for PPP loans. We will continue to accept and submit new applications until we receive word that the second round of funding has been depleted. We are here to help businesses survive this difficult time and can assist with this process.
- APRIL 16, 2020: We were informed today by the SBA, that the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funds are now depleted. Unfortunately, until more funding is approved, we will not be able to accept any applications. All indications are there will be additional funding in the near future; therefore, all pending applications that have not been approved will be held until that time. We are happy to have helped more than a thousand businesses get funding and look forward to helping many more.
- With programs available through Federal and State Governments in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, First Mid wants to keep businesses informed of the options they have for financial assistance. On March 31, 2020 we hosted a webinar that outlined the various programs available at that time, including the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), and have made a recording of this webinar available online. Click here for information on the recorded webinar and PPP loans.
- Illinois businesses and non-profits are eligible to apply for financial assistance via the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program. Learn more about this available assistance and how our commercial lenders can help.
BANKING OPTIONS – UPDATED NOVEMBER 12, 2020
- Beginning Monday, November 16 all banking center lobbies will be closed. Drive-up services will still be available during normal business hours.
- If you need to meet with a banking professional in person, please call your local First Mid banking center to make an appointment. You may also bank with us through our convenient banking options listed below and we will continue to look for ways we can assist our customers during this difficult time.
- We offer online account opening for personal checking and savings accounts. To limit your in-person interactions, you may use our online banking and mobile banking options. With online banking and mobile banking, you’ll be able to manage your accounts, pay bills, transfer funds and more. You may also deposit checks using our mobile banking app. If you need assistance with any of these online or mobile services, please call Customer Support at 877-888-5629, Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Most of our locations also offer the convenience of bank drive-up services and ATMs. We would ask that when using drive-up services, please reserve lane 1 (closest to the drive up window) for business transactions or for larger volume transactions that require more time. For a complete listing of location drive-thru hours and ATMs, visit www.firstmid.com/locations/. Select ATMs also accept deposits.
ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTS (EIP) FOR INDIVIDUALS
- The IRS will issue Economic Impact Payments to relieve some of the financial stress felt from the COVID-19 pandemic. As many payments as possible will be issued electronically into people’s bank accounts but not all payments will be made at the same time, so as not to overwhelm the financial system. Click here for details on these payments and answers to frequently asked questions about EIPs.
FIRST MID LOAN PAYMENT DEFERRALS
- UPDATED NOVEMBER 19, 2020: For Non-Real Estate Secured Consumer Loan Customers, we are offering customers a payment deferral program to allow deferment of 2020 installment payments due in March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.
To participate in this program, please print and complete the Payment Deferral Coupon and return it to First Mid. You may return it:
- In person: any First Mid banking center
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax: 217-235-0766
- By mail: First Mid Bank & Trust, Attn: Loan Post Closing, PO Box 499, Mattoon IL 61938
If you have questions about this program or your eligibility to participate, please call our Customer Support Center at 877-888-5629.
- For Residential Mortgage Loan Customers who are experiencing or anticipating hardships due to COVID-19, First Mid is offering mortgage payment relief. For more information, please contact our Customer Support Center at 877-888-5629.
- Coronavirus Tax Relief. The IRS has extended the deadline to file and pay 2019 taxes to July 15, 2020. The IRS has established this special section on their website focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus.
- Don’t fall victim to a scam. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has made available a list of Coronavirus Related Scams that are meant to steal your identity and/or money. During this time of increased fraud activity, there are also steps you can take to Reduce Your Risk of Identity Theft. And if making a purchase for a financial product or service, know how to Spot the Red Flags so you don’t put your identity or your finances at risk.
- It is important that we have your most up-to-date contact information so we can contact you about your account if needed. If you have online banking, please take a moment to review your information under the “PROFILE” link within your online banking account to verify that your email address and other contact information is up-to-date. You can also call your local branch or the Customer Support Center to make changes to your contact information.
We’re here to help! If you need assistance, please call your local branch or the Customer Support Center at 877-888-5629, Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.