Our lobbies re-opened on June 15th and we have a reason for you to come in! As a result of the pandemic, there is currently a nationwide shortage of coins. If you have loose change around the house that you would like to deposit or exchange for cash, please visit your local First Mid banking center.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS FOR BUSINESSES
The deadline to apply for a PPP loan has been extended to August 8th.
- July 6, 2020: The deadline to apply for a PPP Loan has been extended to August 8, 2020. We will continue to accept new applications until August 4th, to allow time for processing prior to the new deadline. Please keep in mind, borrowers are still limited to only one PPP loan.
- MAY 17, 2020: On Friday evening, the SBA released the application for PPP Loan Forgiveness with some initial guidance; however, we anticipate further clarification on several items included in the document. The application can be downloaded from the SBA website, and on page 10 you can find a list of the required documentation needed to apply for forgiveness. We will continue to post the latest developments as they occur, and will provide informational webinars as appropriate. In the meantime, if you have concerns with any aspects of your loan or the forgiveness, please contact a First Mid Commercial Lender.
- APRIL 30, 2020: We anticipate receiving additional guidelines regarding the mechanics on forgiveness of PPP loans. In the meantime, please be aware that Treasury Secretary Mnuchin recently provided some guidance on loan forgiveness and has emphasized that borrowers are responsible for meeting the required certifications for PPP funds. You can find the latest guidance related to the Paycheck Protection Program on the SBA and US Treasury websites and in the US Treasury PPP Frequently Asked Questions document. If you have questions, please contact a First Mid Commercial Lender. You may also refer to our Borrower Checklist and FAQ for additional information.
- APRIL 29, 2020 – 8:40 am: While the SBA system continues to experience performance issues, the First Mid team has worked around the clock to ensure all completed applications have been submitted to the SBA for approval. We will continue to work diligently on behalf of local businesses to submit as many new applications as possible while the funding lasts.
- APRIL 27, 2020 – 4:30 pm: The First Mid lending team is in contact with SBA representatives and will remain steadfast in submitting these applications on behalf of our customers. However, the speed with which we can submit applications to the SBA is greatly affected by their system performance and availability. While bound by these limitations, we will work diligently to serve as many small businesses as possible.
- APRIL 27, 2020 – 9:30 am: Beginning today, the SBA is accepting new applications for PPP loans. We will continue to accept and submit new applications until we receive word that the second round of funding has been depleted. We are here to help businesses survive this difficult time and can assist with this process.
- APRIL 16, 2020: We were informed today by the SBA, that the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funds are now depleted. Unfortunately, until more funding is approved, we will not be able to accept any applications. All indications are there will be additional funding in the near future; therefore, all pending applications that have not been approved will be held until that time. We are happy to have helped more than a thousand businesses get funding and look forward to helping many more.
- With programs available through Federal and State Governments in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, First Mid wants to keep businesses informed of the options they have for financial assistance. On March 31, 2020 we hosted a webinar that outlined the various programs available at that time, including the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), and have made a recording of this webinar available online. Click here for information on the recorded webinar and PPP loans.
- Illinois businesses and non-profits are eligible to apply for financial assistance via the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program. Learn more about this available assistance and how our commercial lenders can help.
- Due to concerns regarding COVID-19 and the safety of our communities, as of Friday, March 20th, our lobbies are temporarily closed, except by appointment for critical banking services which must be completed in-person. This decision was made as a precautionary measure as we continue to monitor the situation and make decisions based on what we believe is best for the well-being of our communities.
- If you need to make an appointment, please call your local First Mid banking center. You may also bank with us through our convenient banking options listed below and we will continue to look for ways we can assist our customers during this difficult time.
- We offer online account opening for personal checking and savings accounts. To limit your in-person interactions, you may use our online banking and mobile banking options. With online banking and mobile banking, you’ll be able to manage your accounts, pay bills, transfer funds and more. You may also deposit checks using our mobile banking app.
- Most of our locations also offer the convenience of bank drive-up services and ATMs. We would ask that when using drive-up services, please reserve lane 1 (closest to the drive up window) for business transactions or for larger volume transactions that require more time. For a complete listing of location drive-thru hours and ATMs, visit www.firstmid.com/locations/. Select ATMs also accept deposit.
ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTS (EIP) FOR INDIVIDUALS
- The IRS will issue Economic Impact Payments to relieve some of the financial stress felt from the COVID-19 pandemic. As many payments as possible will be issued electronically into people’s bank accounts but not all payments will be made at the same time, so as not to overwhelm the financial system. Click here for details on these payments and answers to frequently asked questions about EIPs.
FIRST MID LOAN PAYMENT DEFERRALS
- For Non-Real Estate Secured Consumer Loan Customers, we are offering customers a payment deferral program to allow deferment of the installment payments due for March 2020, April 2020, May 2020 and June 2020. UPDATE June 18, 2020: We are extending this program to include deferrals of installment payments for July 2020.
To participate in this program, please print and complete the Payment Deferral Coupon and return it to First Mid. You may return it:
- In person: any First Mid banking center
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax: 217-235-0766
- By mail: First Mid Bank & Trust, Attn: Loan Post Closing, PO Box 499, Mattoon IL 61938
If you have questions about this program or your eligibility to participate, please call our Customer Support Center at 877-888-5629.
- For Residential Mortgage Loan Customers who are experiencing or anticipating hardships due to COVID-19, First Mid is offering mortgage payment relief. For more information, please contact our Customer Support Center at 877-888-5629.
- Coronavirus Tax Relief. The IRS has extended the deadline to file and pay 2019 taxes to July 15, 2020. The IRS has established this special section on their website focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus.
- Don’t fall victim to a scam. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has made available a list of Coronavirus Related Scams that are meant to steal your identity and/or money. During this time of increased fraud activity, there are also steps you can take to Reduce Your Risk of Identity Theft. And if making a purchase for a financial product or service, know how to Spot the Red Flags so you don’t put your identity or your finances at risk.
- It is important that we have your most up-to-date contact information so we can contact you about your account if needed. If you have online banking, please take a moment to review your information under the “PROFILE” link within your online banking account to verify that your email address and other contact information is up-to-date. You can also call your local branch or the Customer Support Center to make changes to your contact information.
We’re here to help! If you need assistance, please call your local branch or the Customer Support Center at 877-888-5629, Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.