First Mid is committed to being an empowering employer by creating an environment where employees can thrive while at work — and now is no exception. During the COVID-19 pandemic when uncertainty hit, we continued to be there for our employees.
We understand that we remain stronger together so First Mid has taken the following steps to give employees as much peace of mind as possible as they deal with disruptions in their own personal lives:
CYBER FRAUD PROTECTION
Free Enterprise Anti-Virus protection was offered to all employees for their home PC and Mac devices to ensure personal information was protected as we saw an increase in cyber fraud.
As our way of saying thank you to our employees:
- Our CEO personally visited each location to deliver care packages
- Company provided lunches and weekly prize drawings for our onsite employees
- Relaxed dress code while lobbies are closed
As we do our part to flatten the curve, First Mid continues to protect our employees and customers, while providing great customer service.
Updates on guidance from the CDC are communicated to every member of our organization on a regular basis so they can stay informed and safe.
- Employees were provided with face masks to wear at work and are encouraged to maintain healthy hygiene habits as guided by the CDC.
- See-through barriers were installed at banking centers to make it safer for employees to serve customers.
Enhanced cleaning procedures have been implemented in branches, offices and operations centers, and we’ve increased the distribution of hand sanitizer wipes and other supplies.
TEMPORARILY CLOSED LOBBIES
Lobbies were closed to proactively safeguard employees and customers, while we continued to conduct business by appointments or through drive-up services and online banking.