Holidays are a time for making memories. You may want to give someone a special gift, host your family and friends for a meal, or travel to see family during the holidays. No matter how you want to make your memories, you’ll likely need extra money to make it happen. You can avoid the stress of holiday expenses when you save ahead!
With a Christmas Club account, the money you save will be available just in time to plan your holiday spending. And when you save a little at a time during the year, you can make your holiday expenses part of your budget.
How it works
- Open a Christmas Club account any time before January 31st with as little as $1.
- Save a little bit all year long to ease the burden of holiday spending next year.
- There are no service charges on your Christmas Club account.
- Your account will mature in October 2022.
- When the account matures, interest is paid* and your funds will be transferred to another First Mid deposit account of your choice.
- After the funds have transferred, your Christmas Club account renews and you can begin saving for the next year.
Tips to make saving easy
- Designate a small amount to be taken from each paycheck and direct deposited into your Christmas Club.
- Schedule recurring automatic transfers from another account into your Christmas Club.
You can learn more about about our Seasonal Savings accounts here.
* Withdrawals made from a Christmas Club prior to account maturity will forfeit earned interest and close the account.