Personal Health Savings Accounts
First Mid Bank & Trust and Lively1 have partnered together to offer a top-rated Health Savings Account (HSA) that allows you to save for near-term healthcare costs, and plan for future costs, with triple tax-advantaged funds. This means you can make tax-free contributions, withdraw funds tax-free for eligible health expenses, and enjoy tax-free interest earnings and investment growth. If you’re enrolled in a qualifying High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), an HSA can help to provide tax-advantaged savings2, which are yours even if you change health plans or employers.
With a First Mid HSA, powered by Lively, you can expect:
- Modern, intuitive platform: Lively offers an easy-to-use web and mobile app experience to manage your account, reimbursements, spending, and contributions. You can also monitor your investments.
- Unparalleled customer service: Whenever you need help navigating your HSA, Lively’s dedicated support team is always there to help. And you’ll need not worry about being passed from one agent to another.
- Proactive education and resources: Lively will also provide resources throughout the year, including Open Enrollment, to help you optimize how you’re using your HSA to meet your financial goals.
Take advantage of industry-leading investment options from Devenir (Guided Portfolio) and Charles Schwab (Health Savings Brokerage Account). You can track portfolio performance from the Lively dashboard.
Upgrade your HSA experience with a First Mid HSA, powered by Lively, and prepare for current and future healthcare spending. Get started today!
- Quick Start Guide for Enrolling (PDF)
- HSA Savings Future Value Calculator | Lively (livelyme.com)
- HSA Contribution Calculator | Lively (livelyme.com)
- Guided HSA Contributions Calculator | Lively (lively.com)
- Pairing an HSA with your HDHP on Vimeo
What is a Health Savings Account (HSA)?
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a personal savings account for health expenses, like a 401(K) for healthcare. HSAs are owned by individuals (not employers) and can be transferred from job to job or institution to institution.
Visit here to learn more: What is a Health Savings Account (HSA)? – The Ultimate Guide | Lively (livelyme.com)
Are there fees involved?
A First Mid HSA for you or your family is free. No required monthly fees. No minimum balance. No hidden costs.3
Are there tax benefits to HSAs?
Yes. Designed to be paired with qualified health plans, such as most High Deductible Health Plans (HDHPs), HSAs allow for tax-deductible contributions, tax-free interest, and tax-free withdrawals when used for eligible healthcare expenses. Funds never expire, making HSAs a smart way to save tax-free money long-term for expected and unexpected healthcare costs.2
What expenses are eligible?
Use your HSA debit card at the pharmacy, doctor’s office, or other healthcare providers. Eligible expenses include doctor visits, dental care, hospital stays, prescriptions, vision care, lab work, physical therapy, and thousands of other expenses approved by the IRS.
Click here for more information about Eligible Expenses for HSA FSA and HRA | Lively (livelyme.com)
Is there such a thing as an HSA with investment opportunities?
Yes, and we have it for you! Whether you are experienced with investments or a beginner, Lively has tax-free investing options available for you.2
Click here to learn more about Investing Your HSA funds.
How do I get started?
Set up and fund your account easily with no paperwork. Click here to start your application now.
- First Mid Health Savings Account, powered by Lively, are provided by Lively Inc. and are subject to their approval. Lively Inc. is not affiliated with First Mid Bank & Trust.
- This content is for informational purposes only, and is not, and must not be considered tax, investment, legal, accounting or financial planning advice, nor a recommendation as to a specific course of action. Investors should consult all available information, including fund prospectuses, and consult with appropriate tax, investment, accounting, legal, and accounting professionals, as appropriate, before making any investment or utilizing any financial planning strategy.
- Various investment options are provided through Lively Inc. Fees may apply. Investments are not insured by FDIC or any other bank insurance or government agency, are not deposits or obligations of the bank, are not guaranteed by the bank, and are subject to risks including the possible loss of principal.