Will the terms of my loan change?
The loan terms remain unchanged until maturity for all loans.
I currently pay my loan with a coupon book from Soy Capital Bank. Will I get a new coupon book from First Mid?
You will receive a new First Mid coupon book within 90 days for all loans except residential mortgage loans. Please continue to use your current coupons until you receive your new ones. Once you receive the new First Mid coupons, please destroy your Soy Capital Bank coupon book. All residential mortgage loans that previously had coupon books will receive First Mid loan billing statements. Please note that all billing statements will be mailed to the physical mailing address on file for the account.
Please review this Important Notice Regarding Loan Payments:
All loan payments must be accompanied by the account number, coupon, or payment notice provided. Please note that if you receive notices or statements they may arrive on a different day of the month. Loan payments can be made in person at any of our First Mid banking centers or through Online Banking at www.firstmid.com. Payments may also be mailed to the address listed on your new notice or:
First Mid Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 499
Mattoon, IL 61938
However, if you received notification of a servicer change to your mortgage, please refer to that notice for mailing information.
Our hours of operation for receiving loan payments are generally 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (CST), Monday – Friday, except bank holidays. All other payments received will be credited as of the next loan operations business day or as otherwise permitted by law.
Please review your account address information to ensure all loan notices/statements are received in a timely manner.
Who can I call if I have questions on my existing loans?
For questions on existing loans regarding the application of payments, insurance or payoff quotes, please call our Loan Post Closing Department at 1-800-648-6145. If you received notification of a servicer change to your mortgage, please refer to that notice for calling information for loan questions.
Automatic Loan Payments
What happens to my pre-authorized automatic payments?
ACTION MAY BE REQUIRED. You will need to re-establish your payment information, including First Mid’s routing number under the following circumstances:
- An automatic transfer from another financial institution that was set up through that financial institution
- A transfer through an online banking or bill pay service other than Soy Capital Bank
For either of the above situations, please update your payment information after April 5, 2019 but prior to the next payment due date to:
First Mid Bank & Trust
PO Box 499
Mattoon, IL 61938
First Mid’s routing number is: 071102076
Note: If your loan number is changing, you will receive a separate personal notification with your new loan number. If you receive notification that your loan number is changing, you would also need to change the loan number in the above situations.
The following payments should continue without interruption:
- Payments currently set up as a transfer from your Soy Capital Bank deposit account or a First Mid deposit account
- Payments currently set up as an automatic account transfer through Soy Capital Bank from a deposit account at another financial institution
- Payments currently setup as an automatic account transfer through Soy Capital Bank’s personal online banking or bill pay
- Payments currently setup as an automatic account transfer through Soy Capital Bank’s business online banking or bill pay, will convert to an automatic account transfer directly from the deposit account associated with your current transfer; however, you will no longer be able to see the transfer in business online banking. If you wish to reset the transfer up in business online banking or bill pay, you will need to contact the Customer Support Center at 877-888-5629 so that the transfer is not duplicated
If you are not sure how your automatic payments are currently set up, please contact your local Soy Capital Bank banking center for help.
IMPORTANT: Please verify all automatic transactions you are expecting have processed to your account.
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
Can I still use my present supply of checks for my HELOC?
You will receive a supply of First Mid checks that you can begin using on April 6, 2019, at which time you should destroy your existing checks. As you need to reorder checks, visit your local First Mid banking center or call the Customer Support Center at 877-888-5629.
If you currently order checks from a vendor other than Harland Clarke or Deluxe, you will need to provide them with your new account number and First Mid’s routing number, which is 071102076. Your local banking center can assist you with this.
Will I receive a card to access my HELOC?
No. If you would like to receive a card on your loan, please contact your branch to request one after April 8th.