An Important Message to our New Customers
We were pleased to announce last year that First Mid and First Clover Leaf Bank were merging. Both of our organizations share a similar commitment to providing personalized and professional financial services that meet all your needs. Over the weekend of March 17, we will complete the integration of First Clover Leaf Bank accounts to the First Mid bank system.
Please plan ahead for the following important dates and times:
Now through Thursday, March 16: Continue banking as you normally do.
Friday, March 17: ATM service could be periodically interrupted beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- First Clover Leaf Bank locations will close at the following times and will remain closed for the weekend.
- Clayton, MO will close at noon.
- Edwardsville St. Louis Street, Edwardsville Route 157, and Swansea will close at 3:00 p.m.
- Edwardsville Goshen Road and Wood River will close at 5:00 p.m.
- Highland will close at 6:00 p.m.
- Access to your account through First Clover Leaf Bank’s Online Banking and Telephone Banking will no longer be available after 3:00 p.m.
- First Clover Leaf Bank debit and ATM cards will no longer be active after 5:00 p.m. At that time you may activate and start using your new First Mid debit card, which you should receive by early March.
Monday, March 20: First Clover Leaf Bank locations and ATMs will reopen as First Mid. The First Clover Leaf Bank location in Highland will merge operations with our two existing Highland banking centers.
- You may sign into First Mid’s Online Banking at www.firstmid.com. (Click for first-time log-in instructions.)
What can you expect with First Mid?
Many of the banking professionals who have served your needs so well in the past will continue to assist you and will be available to ensure that your concerns and questions are addressed as quickly as possible. To learn more about the transition from First Clover Leaf Bank to First Mid, you may download the Customer Guide (PDF), which includes answers to frequently asked questions and detailed information regarding personal and business products and services. For terms, conditions and fees which will govern your deposit account(s) as of Monday, March 20th, please review the information contained in the file “Understanding Your Deposit Account” (PDF).
All of us at First Mid are committed to making this transition as easy as possible. Your business and banking relationship is important to us and we look forward to earning your trust.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 877-888-5629.