First Mid has been financing farmers since 1865 and has grown to be one of the largest ag lenders in the region. We are heavily invested in agriculture and aware of the unique financing needs of farmers both small and large. Cycles inherent in the ag economy are recognized by First Mid Ag Lending and we are committed to farming for the long term.
Why choose First Mid for your ag financing?
We approach ag financing in a unique and meaningful manner. First Mid’s processes lead to an awareness of annual earnings and key financial measurements, which assists our customers in making financial decisions. Understanding of true profitability is critical to achieving financial success and is an important tool in building a strong farm operation.
What can you expect when working with First Mid?
First Mid ag lenders have a passion for agriculture and a knowledge of finance. Customers recognize our lender’s desire to learn about your farm which then enables ideas to help meet your financial goals. With First Mid Ag Lending, you have a finance partner.
Operating and Term Loans
Financing is probably the most crucial step in your business planning. The right ag loan can help you can gain solid financial footing – no matter what size of your farm or ag business. With competitive rates and service delivered by experienced professionals, First Mid understands the demands of your business.
What kind of ag financing is available?
- Operating Loans – for fertilizer, seed, chemicals, livestock and more
- Intermediate Term Loans – for farm machinery, livestock facilities, equipment, grain bins, machine sheds, field tile and more
- Real Estate Loans – finance acreage for farming or land for building your operations (If you’re looking for more ground, our First Mid Ag Services team has a list of current farmland for sale.)
Ag Financing Programs
Special ag financing can be found for a variety of needs. Whether you’re looking for help through the start-up years, financing for disaster relief, or assistance in a time of need, we can help determine if special financing is available. And with an experienced team of ag lenders, First Mid can provide assistance in obtaining those available funds.
What agencies can we help you obtain funds through?
- USDA—Farm Service Agency
- Illinois Finance Authority
- Farmer Mac
- Young/Beginning Farmer Program – with partnership through FSA and Illinois Finance Authority
When you’re ready to explore your financing options, contact one of our Ag Lenders to get started.