A trust is a legal arrangement in which assets are held under terms for the benefit of the beneficiary. No single estate planning tool is more versatile than a trust, whether used to avoid probate, minimize estate and income taxes, provide for your family or favorite charity, or provide an alternative to a court-appointed guardian. At First Mid, we are uniquely qualified to offer professional guidance to executives exploring their options for trust and estate planning. We’ll help you get back to the business at hand.
What are trusts used for?
Trusts are used for many traditional reasons such as avoiding probate, minimizing estate and income taxes, providing for your family or favorite charities, and more than ever, as an alternative to a court-appointed guardian. No single estate planning tool is more versatile than a trust. Our Trust & Wealth Management professionals can help your attorney design trusts that will achieve your goals.
As Trustee or Successor Trustee, our primary services would be to:
- Analyze and review the assets of the trust, providing continuous investment management
- Collect dividends, interest, rent and other income, automatically sweeping excess cash into interest-bearing accounts
- Distribute or reinvest principal and income in accordance with the trust document
- Provide financial, investment and estate planning consultations
- Perform real estate management services, including farm management
- Process and pay utility, medical and other bills of beneficiaries.
- Ensure that medical claims are properly filed and paid, including Medicare reimbursements
- File necessary federal and Illinois fiduciary income tax returns
- Furnish periodic statements of trust assets and activity to appropriate parties
How can I get started?
Call 1-888-518-7878 or contact us today!
Some investment products and services are not deposits, obligations or guaranteed by the bank; not insured by the FDIC or any other governmental agency, and may be subject to investment risk including potential principal loss.