We specialize in loans for insurance agents.
Our Agency Finance team has been providing financing for insurance agents since 2003. If you are ready to grow your insurance agency, buy or sell an insurance agency, our consultative staff is ready to help you.
We offer specialized financing products designed to assist insurance agents with the next step in building their future.
OUR AGENCY FINANCE PRODUCTS
Targeting an insurance agency acquisition? Let us help you grow through acquisition of another agency or a book of business using the seller’s commission revenue, your existing revenue or some combination thereof. Using the seller’s book helps minimize the impact on cash flow of your existing business. Acquisition loans can have maturity of up to 10 years for independent agents and up to 15 years for Allstate agencies. If you are still looking for an agency to acquire, you can search our database here to find insurance agencies for sale.
Need to hire, upgrade your technology, buy leads or spend more marketing dollars? We can provide the needed capital to make that investment into your business. Working capital loans for insurance agents can be in the form of a revolving line of credit or term loan. Revolving lines of credit require interest only payments during the term and there are no unused fees.
Refinance or Consolidate
Did you grow your insurance agency on credit card debt? Or has your credit improved and you want to obtain more favorable terms? Refinancing or consolidating your debt can help simplify your balance sheet and reduce your monthly debt obligation.
Looking toward retirement? Let us help you put a succession plan in place by providing financing to your successor. Learn more about succession planning here.
Special Allstate Programs
In addition to the loans for insurance agencies above, we have two unique loans for Allstate agents. First Mid Bank & Trust Agency Finance has been lending to Allstate agencies since 2007.
Quick App Loans
Need cash in a hurry? Our Allstate Quick Application is designed to get you approved within 24-48 hours of application. We need a completed application and three reports from your Allstate dashboard (Commission Payment Notification, TPP Statement and Business Metrics Report). No tax returns or personal financial statement are necessary. Our goal is to make your Allstate agency financing a smooth process. The Quick App program is limited to loans up to $500,000 and up to 120% of vested TPP value. The amount we can lend is dependent on your credit score and TPP value. Our Quick App process can take as few as three weeks from start to finish.
TPP Equity Loans
Does your Allstate agency need additional capital, but you already have a loan against your TPP? We offer TPP Equity Loans that allow you to fully utilize the value of your TPP while leaving your existing loan in place. In most cases, you can even use our Quick Application process for loans that are less than 90% of your TPP.
HOW IT WORKS
Call us 877-894-2785
- Call us to talk to our account managers about your specific needs and what products we offer.
We can call you
- If you want to provide some limited information prior to talking to us, complete our form, and one of our account managers will call you.
- You can always email us at email@example.com, but we prefer a live conversation so we can ensure that we understand your specific needs, answer all your questions and get you in the best product to achieve your objectives.
Submit the application and required documentation
- Once you’ve talked to an account manager about your insurance agency financing, you’ll receive an email with the application and information request. You can also find the application here.
- We’ll review your application, ask any follow up questions we may have of you and provide initial feedback on product and loan terms. Our credit review can take as little as one day for certain Quick App loans and will be longer for insurance agency acquisition or more complicated financing scenarios.
- Once we’ve discussed the best product for you and general terms, we will seek credit approval. Depending on the product and your loan size, approval time will vary.
- Once we have loan approval, we will prepare loan documents and get your bank account(s) set up. Much of our insurance agency loan document package is electronic. You’ll have a closing call with us to walk you through the documentation and sign everything.
- Together we will handle any closing conditions and fund your loan.
The process for loans for insurance agents takes an average of 30-45 days but can be as quick as two weeks for Quick Apps.
After My Loan Closes
- There may be a few post-closing conditions on your loan that you may need to complete.
Automatic loan payment
- Your monthly loan payment will be made automatically from your commission deposits.
- You can access your operating account via online banking to view account activity or perform online banking activities such as ACH and wire transfers.
First Mid Bank & Trust Agency Finance specializes in loans for insurance agents. If you are ready to grow your insurance agency, buy or sell an insurance agency, our consultative staff is ready to help you. Call to get a quote or obtain additional information about our loan products.
Insurance agency lending doesn’t have to be complicated. If you’re ready to start your application, answer a few short questions so we can get you down the right path.
AGENCIES FOR SALE
Are you buying an insurance agency? Are you selling an insurance agency? List your agency for sale with us or search our database to find insurance agencies for sale in your area. There is no cost or obligation to list. You can search by state for both independent and Allstate agencies for sale. If you find an agency you want to acquire, contact us to discuss how we can help with the financing.
Our newest listings:
- Independent Agencies: Missouri, Arizona, Georgia, Tennessee
- Allstate Agencies: Georgia, California, North Carolina, Nevada